Frequently asked questions

🎫 Is it possible to get a K-ETA on arrival in South Korea?

No, the K-ETA will be requested upon boarding by the airline or shipping company. This document is not issued at Seoul Incheon airport. Immigration officials do not have a dedicated counter for this procedure on arrival.

⏱ When to apply K-ETA ?

We advise you to apply to K-ETA at least 3 days before your departure for South Korea. It is possible to obtain your K-ETA within 72 hours for the most urgent applications.

⏳ How long is the K-ETA valid?

Once issued, a K-ETA is valid for 2 years for multiple entries from the approval date on the document. 

If your passport expires before these 2 years, you will have to reapply for K-ETA, the authorisation being linked to a passport number.

If your passport expires before the 2 years, the K-ETA will only be valid until the expiry date of your passport.

Please note that if your K-ETA is still valid but any of the information on your passport changes (surname, first name, gender, passport number, expiry date, etc.) you will still have to apply for a new K-ETA.

🤔 How long can I stay in South Korea with a K-ETA ?

The K-ETA allows you to stay for up to 90 days (depending on your nationality) in South Korea for tourism, visiting relatives/relatives, attending events or meetings and for non-profit business purposes .

These reasons for stay may not exceed this duration. To obtain specific authorisations, you can contact the embassy for a classic visa.

🧐 What is the difference between K-ETA and a visa?

Be careful not to confuse them! A visa allows you to to enter to enter a country. A K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Authorization) allows you to travel to the country in question. Applicants for a K-ETA are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program to enter SouthKorea.

🚸 Does K-ETA for South Korea also apply to minors?

Yes, minors also need to be protected by K-ETA, if they are also travelling to South Korea. The form is the same as for an adult.

🌋 Do we need to apply for K-ETA to visit Jeju Island?

As of September 1, 2022, you are required to present a K-ETA in order to enter Jeju Island.

✈️ I am just doing a transit in South Korea, do I need to apply for K-ETA ?

Travelers in transit, who do not leave the international zone, do not need to apply for a K-ETA, no matter how long they are in transit. If you wish to leave the airport, you must apply for a K-ETA.

🏥 What vaccinations are required to travel to South Korea?

There are no mandatory vaccinations to visit South Korea. Some are just recommended, depending on the region you are visiting, given the variety of climates and ecosystems:

  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rage
  • Typhoid

🚨 What if you made a mistake in your application?

If you become aware of an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made when sending these documents.

After this time, corrections cannot be applied. Please contact us for more information.

Once K-ETA has been issued, its data cannot be changed. You will have to file a new application if your information differs significantly.

🙅🏼 Want to cancel your application?

Unfortunately, once paid, a request to K-ETA is not refundable outside of our refund policy. Please contact us for more information.

ℹ️ Is my personal information secure?

The data you may enter on this site is protected and only used to obtain the requested K-ETA . Our payment process is secure, and no bank details about you are stored on our servers.

Privacy Policy